At the Bilingual Mediation Center we continue to direct our energy to the development of tools and processes which foster understanding and respect for each other's needs and goals.
Our approach is to serve Interpreting Communities and offer them custom-designed Professional Development Programs and work with them on a continuing basis.
Each community has a history, demographics, and issues to consider when deciding what changes are to be made and how these may be brought about in a constructive manner.
This approach provides sequenced instructional sessions, with adequate spacing to allow for practice, experience, and integration of skills taught in earlier training.
We provide these services:
- Direct training of interpreters at all levels
- Development of appropriate assessments and diagnostic tools
- Assistance to interpreter educators by designing curriculum and effective methods for teaching interpretation
- Implementation of programs to refine performance (e.g.. mentorship)
- Creation of materials to assist interpreters to develop further